A: Yes, you can apply for the commercial waitlist, however the commercial striped bass permit does not satisfy the commercial permit requirement. The necessary permits are limited entry permits, including lobster permits as well as endorsements for sea bass pot, conch pot, scup pot, gillnet, surf clam, ocean quahog, fluke, state waters bay quahog dredging, state waters groundfish, and mobile gear coastal access for Massachusetts, or federal permits.

Please refer to the Massachusetts Department of Marine Fisheries or NOAA Fisheries for further clarification.

Greater Atlantic Region Forms and Applications Summary | NOAA Fisheries

Microsoft Word – 02LimitedEntryPolicy.doc (mass.gov)