INVITATION TO BID
AVAILABILITY OF LEASING FOR PILOT BOAT DOCKING FACILITIES
CAPE COD CANAL, MASSACHUSETTS
- Sealed bids will be received until Friday 10:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) March 12, 2021 for leasing docking facilities at East Boat Basin, Cape Cod Canal, Massachusetts, more particularly described in the description attached hereto and shown marked in red on the enclosed map identified as “Exhibit A”. Further information may be obtained from:
Town of Sandwich Marina
12 Freezer Road
Sandwich, MA 02563
- Any lease granted will be for a term of three (3) years, with an optional two year extension at the sole discretion of the Town. Written notice of acceptance of bid will be given. All bids submitted shall be deemed to have been made with full knowledge of all the terms, conditions and requirements herein contained.
- Lessee shall operate pilot boats that are in conformance with 46 Code of Federal Register (CFR), Parts 24-28, 67-69, 175-185 and the Code of Massachusetts Regulations 995, Chapter 4 sections 4.20 and 4.21.
- Each bid must be accompanied by a certified check, cashier’s check or postal money order, payable to Town of Sandwich in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the total five year bid amount. The deposit of the successful applicant will be retained by the Town to apply against payment of the annual rental offered and deposits of unsuccessful applicants will be returned without interest, within 14 business days.
- The maximum vessel size shall be LOA 45 feet, Beam 15 feet, and Draft of 5 feet. The vessel shall be used exclusively for pilot boat services or support thereof. Any other activities are prohibited.
- Bids should be entered on the attached sheet, signed and mailed to reach this office by 10:00 A.M., EST on Friday March 12, 2021 at which time and place they will be publicly opened and read aloud.
- Envelope should be addressed to Town of Sandwich Marina P.O. Box 1393 Sandwich, MA 02563 and marked (Attn: Pilot Boat Bid 2020 to be opened March 12, 2021) in the lower left hand corner of the envelope.